Middle Distance Final Marateca April 14th
(14.04.14 – 01:30)
- First start Men – 09:00
- First start Women - 09:31
Final startlists available on the website (see date and time above)
a. At start: 08:00 – 11:30
i. Enough space for warm-up
b. At Finish/Arena: 09:30 – 11:30 after SI readout (no contact
with public and people in the Arena). Coaches allowed (once
inside, shall not leave).
a. At quarantine: 2
b. At the start: none
c. At finish: None in the quarantine (chaperon if needed to go
d. Arena: 6
a. Return to parking after 14:00 (NEW TIME because of latest
start Men = 13h)
a. At start: One tent from Organizer, you can bring your own
b. At finish: None from the Organizer, you can bring your own
6. Exit quarantine – 10 minutes
7. Map maker – Alexandre Reis; Course planner – Alexandre Reis
8. Control descriptions
a. Woman: 17x6 cm
b. Men – 20x6 cm
9. Size of the map - 25x34 cms
10. Special symbols
Green cross = death trees and trunks
11. GPS harnesses and 54 tracking units
a. They will be handed out in the quarantine.
b. 20 last runners of Men (bib number 1 to 20) and Women (bib
number 201 to 220);
c. Runners chosen by the organizers (see bib number below):
i. Woman: 223, 228, 247, 252, 254;
ii. Men: 21, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 35, 37, 101;
12. Compulsory passages trough barbed wire fence
The barbed wire fences are between 1m20 and 1m70 in height.
They can’t be crossed safely in other spots than the passages as
indicated in the image below.
13. Refreshments: none.
14. Out of bounds areas – none
15. Coaching zone and spectators control - none.
16. Big screen will be used in the arena
17. Cool down area inside the arena/quarantine (until 11:30) and, afterwards,
NW on the track leaving the arena
18. Expected winning times
a. Men – 35 minutes
b. Woman – 34 minutes